If you live in Springfield, Eugene, or the surrounding area, come to Group Power at Pursue Fitness. This group fitness class will target your muscles with a high-rep weight training workout. This exercise class utilizes an adjustable barbell, weight plates, and your own body weight by combining squats, lunges, presses, and curls with functional exercises. Terrific music and an inspiring group atmosphere will raise the intensity and push you to a give it your all. POWER UP AT PURSUE FITNESS!
WHAT WILL I DO IN THIS GROUP FITNESS CLASS?
Group Power exercise class combines traditional strength exercises along side the latest functional training movements. This group fitness class utilizes your own body weight along with a barbell and weight plates to get you in better shape. Movements with lots of repetitions are key components of this exercise workout. Group Power evolves over time always taking it to the next level to ensure you are constantly changing your workout and challenging your body. This group fitness class involves ten tracks which are designed with specific fitness goals. You will love this so much, you will want to invite all your friends from Springfield and Eugene to join in! Here are the 10 tracks:
- Warm-Up – Everything is demonstrated thoroughly before you begin. The group class instructor will begin by grabbing a barbell with light weight and show you what movements you will be doing over the next hour. You will them begin warming the body by practicing the exercise movements.
- Legs – It is always nice to start with large muscles first; therefore, we start with squats and may add in lunges to get the heart pumping and the legs starting to feel a light burn.
- Chest – No exercise workout is complete without working the chest. Exercises such as the chest press, fly, and push ups will be introduced with various twists on them to keep them fresh and boost results.
- Back & Legs – Now we bring it all together with exercises for the entire body. Deadlifts, deadrows, and the clean & press will definitely get you going! Then we take it to the next level by including great exercises such as the power clean, deadsquats, reverse flys, and the single-arm row. You will be telling everyone in Springfield and Eugene what a tremendous workout Group Power is.
- Triceps – Don’t like the back of your arms? Then it is time to do something about it with tricep presses, extensions, pullovers, and kickbacks. All of these exercises target the back of your arm, but that’s not all! Add in the tricep push up to really make them burn.
- Biceps – There are many, many types of exercises and variations to target the biceps. Some of these include: barbell curls, wide grip, offset grip, bicep rows, single arm dumbbell curls, hammer curls, and even weight plate work. You will do them all.
- More Legs – Now that your arms are shot, let’s give them a break and focus back on legs. Work those legs with more power lunges, crouches, lateral movements, balance challenges, offset loading, and even plyometrics. You are now more happy than ever you signed up for this group fitness class!
- Shoulders – Often a forgotten target of group exercise classes, but not this one. We throw in a variety of exercises to work all aspects of your should including front, top, and back of the shoulders. Exercise lifts will include: upright rows, shoulder presses, lateral raises, and rear delt extensions all focusing on a well rounded shoulder.
- Core – No workout is complete without focusing on abs. Exercises that train the front, back, and sides of your midsection will leave you feeling like you accomplished something. Routines will vary, evolve, and rotate to avoid stagnation in this group fitness class.
- Stretch – Now that the hard work is all done, it is time to stretch out the muscles from head to toe. This improves range of motion as well as muscle recovery. After all, we want you coming back and bringing all your friends from Springfield and Eugene!
IS THIS GROUP FITNESS CLASS FOR ME?
Group Power is perfect for:
- People who have never taken a group fitness class before
- People of all ages because you choose how much weight you use and the intensity at which you work
- People who want a group atmosphere to add strength training to their workout
- Women because weight-bearing exercise is proven to reduce risks of osteoporosis
- Anyone in Springfield and Eugene who loves being fit or wants to get fit